Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Emma 55 and 56 Months

On March 29th, something BIG happened in the Crozier family. Emma asked Jesus into her heart! Right there in the Trader Joe's parking lot. It was a precious moment to be a part of (even if her asking was precipitated by a discussion on hell). Emma is the most sensitive of souls and has been known to randomly burst into tears exclaiming she doesn't want me to die because she "will miss me so much." Sweet, sweet girl. Now I get to tell her we will be reunited again for all eternity! What a precious gift.
Emma is our adventurer. She loves to climb trees, rocks, statues and sledding hills. Her initial timidness rarely lasts for long and she's definitely not one to miss out on any fun (unless of course it involves getting water in her eyes - then she is most certainly, definitely out. You will never catch her without goggles on a slip and slide and the top of her head is ALWAYS dry when she emerges from the swimming pool). 


Emma LOVES preschool and comes home every day with all sorts of hand-made projects like the woodworking masterpiece pictured below. Her favorite station remains "the art cart" and she's graduated from drawing hearts every day to girls with long, long hair.
She's a classic middle child and sometimes it's easy to lose her in the mix. She often contentedly plays alone, bathing her my little ponies in the sink, or caring for one of her many stuffed animal "pets." One morning last month, I couldn't find Emma and eventually discovered her and her kitty "Skye" sunning together happily on my window sill.

She thinks riding in the Honda is THE BEST THING EVER and begs for me to take her for a spin in it when Daddy is home. 
Emma and Jack have a pretty special bond with one another. One evening, we were driving and I looked back to see this:
Though she claims to want to be a ballerina when she grows up, I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up working with animals. She LOVES all things living (including her cousins' new chickens). She is fearless around them, even when the now-nearly-full-grown ones climb up on her shoulder. She is constantly updating me with her most desired pet of the day, ya know, in case I suddenly decide to go out and spontaneously pick up a meerkat or something (her latest choice). Other pet options include a baby tiger, a bunny or a crow. 
Emma is my most-willing kitchen assistant. She usually asks if she can help when I'm in the kitchen cooking and she isn't shy about getting right up there on the counter and diving in.
I often feel like I'm still trying to fully get to know this kid. Her personality is unique and awesome and a whole lot of fun. She's tender and gentle and appreciates all aspects of life. She's easily-excited, she's an encourager and she also has a bit of a stubborn streak. She insists on wearing long sleeves and pants and socks, all day, every day. No matter that it be 85 degrees. At bedtime, she adds socks to her hands in addition to the ones on her feet. When the nights are hot, she sweats and sweats in bed but absolutely refuses to remove a single article of clothing. Instead, she helps herself to a nice cold washcloth which she lays over her forehead. If I try to remove her socks in the middle of the night while she is asleep, I awake to find she has somehow managed to replace them. Silly girl! My new mantra is "some battles just aren't worth fighting.
I just love my girls! (And ice cream).
Emma and one of her favorite dogs, Louise. She thinks it is pretty much the best thing ever when she gets to hold the leash. We're so thankful for friends with dogs who help her get her fill!
I'm pretty sure Emma would accompany where ever I go if she could. Every night, she asks me "Are you going anywhere tonight?" and if my answer is yes, expect the floodgates to open. She happily runs errands with me all the time but when given the choice, she requests one-on-one dates at Starbucks. She loves to bring pencils and paper or paints and do art together at the coffee shop. Here we are attempting some "adult" coloring pages.
Earlier this month, Emma treated me (and my mom who had been babysitting earlier in the day!) to a special Mother's Day celebration at school. She went all out with the homemade gifts/art projects which included a corsage for each of us, tissue paper flowers, a hand print place mat, a canvas with a picture of her on it and tons more. Her class performed some special songs for us and, true to her personality, Emma waved at us excitedly over and over. When her teacher explained to the moms that the kids had set us each special places at the tables, Emma piped up and loudly told us that she had two places for us - mom on one side and Grandma on the other. And that she of course would be in the middle. :)

Here is the little project she put together about me:
I told you she only wears long sleeves and pants. Well, that and the occasional two-big onesie sleeper when gardening....
The other day we were picking up Isla from school when Emma ran up to me exclaiming "Some boy I don't even know just came up to me and kissed me right here!" And so it begins, folks, and so it begins.
Emma's other favorite pastimes include dressing up in frilly costumes, hanging out with her uncles and cousins, doing gymnastics (see video below), swinging on the hammock and borrowing other peoples toys. 
We just adore her!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment