Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Garden

I have been super excited about having my own garden ever since we got married. Unfortunately, living in a condo and having limited yard space makes it difficult to do much of anything garden-related. I have tons of pots on the patio which are growing herbs, lettuce, carrots, green beans, tomatoes and zucchini. They are doing as well as can be expected for "potted veggies" but I am still anxious to someday have a house with a big yard where I can create raised beds for growing produce. Anyway, so because I dedicated all of our pots to vegetables, our yard has looked very green without a lot of color....but NOT ANYMORE! I spent the last 3 days alleviating that problem. After a couple of trips to Lowes, Home Depot, Molbak's and Flower World, my yard now is BEAUTIFUL!!! Check it out:
Summer Sky Coneflower
Tickseed (yellow) & Sunny Border Blue (blue)
Phlox

Shasta Daisy

Foxglove

Black-Eyed Susans


Hydrangea

Basil

There are a number of other plants that are not pictured yet because I'm waiting for them to bloom. I am so happy with the results! Poor Graham told me it was okay for me to buy "some" plants while he was at work to add color to the yard, but I don't think he had any idea how many plants I would end up with. There goes the bonus money he earned by picking up an extra shift at work...! Oh well, he seemed impressed with the end product and it really has picked up my mood having so many pretty flowers outside my window. The good thing is that they are all perennials so, as long as I take good care of them, they should return year after year.

No comments:

Post a Comment