Friday, November 20, 2009

(Actually) Cheap Date...

....and we even went to Tiffany's!

Last night, we successfully went on an ooober cheap date, to make up for our accidental extravagant night at Rover's. We went to Il Fornaio for happy hour which is an Italian place inside Pacific Place. The great thing was that all you had to do was buy a drink and then the food was free! That's right: FREE! We'd seen some article in the Times about this place and it's free food but I half expected them to tell us "oh we're not doing that anymore" or something when we arrived. For once, it wasn't too good to be true. The food was good, especially considering the fact that it was free--we had delicious chicken pieces with blue cheese sauce, mini pizza squares, hummus and pita, puff pastry with prosciutto and craisins, multiple types of brucheta etc. We sipped our glasses of cab while we discussed Christmas traditions we hope to start for our family. And we left exceeding our $10 budget by only 30 cents!

After eating, we browsed a few stores in the mall (also free because we didn't buy anything!) Graham even took me into Tiffany's to dream about a right hand ring sometime way down the road (I think you have to be celebrating a double digit anniversary at least to get one but I'm not sure what the rule is). Anyway, he took me right out of Tiffany's when I started talking about how I thought I would need a really wide, big ring to tone down my large, long fingers. Not sure why we practically ran out of there at that point. :o)

Graham's cousin Susanna-who is attending SPU-watched Isla for free for the evening which we so appreciated. Thanks Susanna! We ended the evening running by Costco on the way home for some frozen yogurt to enjoy along with a couple of episodes of LOST. All in all, we had a grand evening for less than 15 bucks--success!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go, you guys! We have yet to take a date since Maddie was born...hmm.. I guess there is just something about leaving her with someone here and traveling around a very large, unknown area (without getting lost!). We'll get there, I'm sure. Regardless, I completely agree with you regarding the Tiffany's "wide ring to offset long fingers". We've had the EXACT same conversation in the same store. :) Brant told me that he would love to get me a band for the opposite side of my engagement (the wedding band is on the other side). In fact, just a few years ago, we knew we wanted to get one for that side when we picked out my set...he told me he'd like it to be for our 5 year anniversary... Hmmm...that's only in 3 weeks...something tells me it might be more like our 10 year anniversary. :) Let's chat again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooo impressed Kelsie! I could learn a thing or two from your bargain shopping dates. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whaaaaat? Does Il Fornaio still have that deal? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete