Monday, July 2, 2012

Sabbath

Yesterday I finally responded to a pressing conviction and celebrated the Sabbath. We went to church together, did a little mattress shopping, spontaneously went out to lunch with Graham's family, the girls napped, I read my Bible and a book, Graham played the guitar. We had some good intentional conversations, we lounged, ate dinner together, put the girls to bed and watched a show. I must confess I'd forgotten what it felt like to have a day without an agenda. I'm grateful that the Lord reminded me that taking a day of rest is not an option, it's a command. And boy am I a better person for it! Here's to making this a habit!

1 comment:

  1. love this!! I totally agree that it needs to become a habit in our lives!! Awesome you were able to create a day for it..I hope you are able to make it a habit! :)

    ReplyDelete