Saturday, January 4, 2014

Christmas Eve 2013 (continued)

After an afternoon power nap for Emma, we rushed our little hinies off and somehow managed to make it to Bethany's Christmas Eve service, fighting (*cough* I mean jingling) all the way. As Graham would say it, I put the kabosh on him doing the music this year as he so rarely gets the holiday off and I just felt the need to be together for as much of Jack's first Christmas as possible. It was lovely to sing carols together by candlelight and have our kids participate in the service.
 After the service, we joined the extended Crozier clan at the senior Crozier homestead for a traditional Christmas Eve fondue dinner. I apparently neglected to take pictures of this portion, likely because all I could think of was the mutual germ sharing that was going on as each of us dipped into the pot of bubbling cheese. Had we not just concluded the tail end of the worst stomach flu experience known to man, I don't think I would have thought twice about it, but I was petrified we might get it again and those are days I don't care to repeat!!!! 
As a side note, look at Graham's awesome shirt! It was the one and only of all the presents I got him that he kept. Until it shrunk in the dryer....Never again will I attempt to buy him clothes! I learned that early on in our dating relationship but foolishly thought nearly 7 years of marriage would have helped me better understand his taste preference. Wrong. 
  The extended family switched it up a bit this year and trialed a white elephant exchange. We knew it was sure to be a riot with this group... Below you see picture the most sought after gift of the night: the Ostrich Napping Pillow.
 So stylish, so many uses. 
 After the party died down, the immediate Croziers hung out for a bit and then stayed for a sleepover to welcome Christmas morning.
 'Twas just another normal night
And Scott gave me a lesson on how to do crazy things with my camera. With this family, it's always a party!

No comments:

Post a Comment