Saturday, January 25, 2014

Isla 53 Months

This busy beauty is almost 4 1/2 (and trust me, she can't wait to celebrate!) Here are a few tidbits from the past month:
-Super outgoing with people
-Got an extra "+" on her report card for her social participation at preschool :)
-Also got an extra "+" for her confidence (LOVE this about her!!!)
-Still enjoys crafting but I think her bin of dolls and gear trumped art this month! 
-Loves dress up
-Usually makes Emma be the boy but the other day they told me they were both the "beard boys"
-TERRIFIED of elevators (an accidental solo ride up 2 floors at Bellevue Square can do that to a person...)
-I thought I was a morning person but there is seriously no topping this one
-Enjoying our memberships at the Science Center, Imagine Children's Museum and the Zoo
-Fighting with her sister a lot these days
-Desiring "special Mommy time" (asks if we can drop Emma off at others' houses)
-But then has moments where they play together really well too
-Epic meltdowns and lots of screaming
-I guess I heightened emotions would be a good way to summarize (it's been a hard month)
-After a much-owed apology from me one day, told me "Mom, I will ALWAYS forgive you"
-Her hair is in ringlets, even when braided!
-Very opinionated on what she wears
-Only kind of cheese she will eat is parmesan
The other night she melted me when she asked to talk for a bit at bedtime the night before Graham and Jack and my recent trip. She wanted to chat about what we were going to do and what color our rental car would be. I am so grateful for these moments (though much more rare) when I can give her the undivided attention she thrives on! This girl is so sweet and so caring and kind. Watch out world, she is gonna go places!

No comments:

Post a Comment