Thursday, September 25, 2014

House Loves


Well folks, the house hunt isn't going so well and I've found myself slipping and sliding down this steep slope toward bitterness and an overall, all-around sour attitude. Graham and I are both on this hill and we don't like it so we began this little challenge on Instagram that we are calling #weareinstagrateful. For a three week time frame, we are identifying something each day that we are grateful for. I know, so creative, but the hope is that by refocusing on our blessings, we'll get our attitudes out of the toilet.
 
I seem to have caught a really bad case of nesting. I am so ready to begin building my own home and I've developed quite the long list of "House Loves" - things, colors, styles I adore and hope to incorporate when we finally get that dream house. It make me giddy to think that someday soon, we will have a space where I can implement some of these ideas and I want to have them in writing. So, in no particular order, a list of my current house and garden loves that I hope to one day have in our home:
 
-a deep blue hydrangea
-a yellow and gray room: gray walls, white trim, and yellow accent pillows and curtains
-French doors
-area rugs in 1-2 colors with geometric shapes/patterns
-a really cool light fixture
-a large open floor plan
-a giant table for 10+ adjacent to the kitchen
-white kitchen cabinets
-kitchen canisters painted "Kelsie green"
-white subway tile backsplash and some sort of natural wood/butcher block accent
-stainless appliances
-a giant farmhouse sink
-chalkboard paint inside the pantry for a running grocery list
-gray exterior, white trim, brightly colored front door
-wainscoting
-dark hardwoods
-raised vegetable beds
-a fig tree
-a stinking cute laundry room, with wall paper even
-a fire pit
-neutral walls, pops of color with lamp shades, rugs, curtains, pillows
-a sunny bench seat
-a dresser that I redo and paint myself

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, friend. This is an awesome list!! I love the ideas and i can totally picture your dream house right along with you. Sounds beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete