Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Emma 45 Months

-she's a love bug
-leans in, grabs my arm and whispers "I love you so much" all the time at dinner
-also VERY stubborn and thinks it's her way or the highway
-wears long sleeves only
-and tights
-no matter the temperature
-on a recent 80+ degree day, she was decked out in her winter best when she asked "why am I so wet?" Isla filled her in: "BECAUSE YOU ARE SWEATING!"
-still she refuses summer clothing (except for in the picture above which is literally the first time I got her to wear this dress and only as a result of some parent to kid trickery...)
-I'm learning to choose my battles (and also to box up all her long sleeves)
-likes socks on hands at bedtime so she's "warm and cozy"
-favorite animal: the bat
-favorite store: Barnes and Noble
-favorite colors: pink and yellow and purple
-the other day she told me she wants Jesus to come to her birthday party so "she can see his face"
-I totally melted
-continues to be super interested in how the body works
-loves feeling her heart beat
-comes to me occasionally with a worried expression "I can't feel it beating"
-you can she the relief wash over her when I help her locate it again
-has grown a bit more devious with lots of lying and hiding
-thinks cleaning her room means piling everything on her bed
-but on other days, she pulls it out of somewhere and does a great job of tidying up
-could ride her bike for days
-also loves sneaking out the back door and running around front and ringing the doorbell until the pictures fall off the wall
-spends her quiet times playing with her stuffed animals, looking at books, playing board games with herself and asking me if quiet time is over yet
-told me the other day that lollipops are her favorite fruit
she's a riot, y'all


No comments:

Post a Comment