Tuesday, July 6, 2010

45 Weeks

I'm having a hard time remembering what is new this week other than our baby girl had her first fever. I noticed she was feeling hot when I went in for her morning feed on Thursday. Her temp was only 99 at that point but soon was in the 100s with a max of 102.7. I gave her Tylenol throughout the day but she was otherwise fine with the exception of being more tired. It only lasted 24 hr (just long enough to force us to reschedule our date night). She seemed back to almost normal over the weekend but then woke up Monday with a cough, sneezy and a runny nose. Hopefully we've seen the last of it now!

Isla got to spend the whole weekend with her grandparents while Graham and I worked. She joined them at Ben's baseball tournament and I guess she was a big hit with all the other fans. I meant to take more pictures in my after-work hours but somehow didn't get around to it other than this one, which I love. See how her grandparents are looking on with admiration?
I thought for sure we were in for a horrible week of crying given my decision to put my foot down with naps. I guess Isla must have realized that she'd pushed her mommy to the near edge because, out of nowhere, she started taking almost 2 hour morning naps! It may have only been a fluke since she wasn't feeling well but I'll take it! I finally realized that in addition to letting her cry it out to fall asleep (which I already was doing), I need to let her cry it out again when/if she wakes up after only 20 minutes. Needless to say, I've been oh so thankful NOT to have to try this tactic just yet and hope her long naps continue.

Isla has been sort of boycotting her veggies. She gets very focused on the protein and carb sources at her meals and could care less about the veggie. Hmm, gonna need to work on that.

She started saying "Num num" this week when she wants to eat. She knows what "milk" means and also starts waving when I ask if she wants to go bye bye. We have been working really hard on "Mama" and sometimes I hear it but I think it is accidental. I'm pretty sure she said "Banana" the other day though.

Other than that, Isla continues to be a very busy girl, loving any attention she can get. She always wants to be near people and will try to crawl up onto you or burrow her head into you if you lay on the floor nearby. She doesn't like to play on her own for long and I think she would spend the entire day walking while holding onto your fingers if you let her. She's gonna be walking in no time!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, fyi on Hailey's fevere - it went away....and I now see her k9's about to bust through the gums! So....I'm blaming teething. Now I know. I guess. lol

    ReplyDelete