Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Baby Shower!

Over the weekend, we celebrated the long-anticipated coming of Baby Welch and his/her mama, Rachel. Can I just say I was SO EXCITED (!!!) when I learned that this baby was on the way? Graham and I are loving spending time with our fellow east-siders and can't wait for them to become parents in the new year. After all, Isla is in need of a BF or BFF--we don't really have a preference. :)

These two sisters make a couple GORGEOUS mamas-to-be, if I do say so myself (Rachel, the guest of honor is on the right. Jessica, her sister and also my good friend co-hosted with me--how cool is it that they are due within 6 weeks of one another?)
Our shower theme was based on these cute invites:
Giraffe "clotheslines" were hung about
Green, brown and orange were our colors
And the food of course had a green theme:
-Cucumber lemonade
-Fresh fruit with caramel dip
-Cucumber sandwiches
-Mini spinach quiches
-Scones with jam, apple butter and whipped cream
-Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
-Coffee
Danielle brought a lovely diaper cake
A Clover look alike! (Rachel & Jeremy have an Australian Shepherd named Clover)
Congrats Rachel and Jeremy and Baby! Hopefully we've made it clear by now that we couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment