Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I'm feeling it

(A blast from the past! Our honeymoon in Fiji, 3/23/07)

I'm really feeling it. That itch, that urge to travel. It all started two Sundays ago when our pastor was sharing highlights from a recent trip to Austria/Germany. I thought to myself "Wow, it's been a while since we went to Europe. We really should go soon." And then it hit me: we went to France a mere 6 months ago! Has it really only been 6 months? Well, it feels like ages and the urge remains.

Then I was thinking this morning (I've been preparing for our upcoming holiday travel) that it's been a long time since I had to pack a weekend bag for Isla. Actually, it might even be a personal record. We have not gone anywhere overnight since..........

OCTOBER!!!

Yowser, we've really slacked off. After our wild adventures of 2010 (I still don't know how we made it around the globe as much as we did), it feels funny to be at home for 2 months straight. I am majorly spoiled. I also appear to be wired to travel. It thrills me, stretches me and makes me feel like a more rounded person. Thankfully, I married a man who shares my passion and we both hold fast to the desire to live under our means in order to leave a little extra to see the world. Please hold me accountable to this if ever I start to stray!

Thankfully, a few trips are already beginning to materialize for 2011 which helps calm my urges ever so slightly. We don't have any international adventures on our radar just yet but a girl can dream, right? Today I'm dreaming of something tropical...

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! Same here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are planning a trip to Arizona in early April if you want to join us!!! We really want friends to come!

    ReplyDelete