Monday, November 14, 2011

Emma: 11 Weeks

We have been feeling so especially blessed by this little girl this week! Over the past month, she has transitioned from needing to be held all the time to being a totally laid back, easy going baby and a super awesome sleeper. I keep telling people that my prayer was answered and I really couldn't ask for a better baby.

Emma is so interactive these days and I just love it! She smiles and "talks" all the time when you make eye contact with her and even started to laugh this week. She loves it when Graham says "Smile!" in his baby talk voice that I used to find oh so annoying, until of course I witnessed her reaction to it. She grins a lot for me but seems to have a special spot for her Daddy.
This baby girl SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT last Thursday which totally blew my mind. I think she fell asleep around 9:30 PM, I put her in bed at 10 and then didn't hear a peep until 5 AM. SO AMAZING! Of course she hasn't done it since but still... Oh and the room sharing is going great so far for the girls.

Ummmm, could someone please come over here feed me some grapes??
Emma is pretty good at falling asleep on her own. When she's ready to sleep, all she really needs is a good swaddling and she's out. She seems to like to nap propped up on a pillow or upright in the car seat the best although she did fall asleep on her own in the crib a couple times this week as well.

I should give an update on her bottle feeding. We started using the Tommee Tippee bottle about 3 weeks ago and she feeds SO much better. She still dribbles quite a bit but it no longer sounds like it's going down the wrong pipe-a very good thing!
She had her 2 month immunizations this week but no appointment because we missed the one I had scheduled while we were in Utah and they can't fit her in again until next month. She screamed ever so briefly with the shots and then was fine. She's such a trooper! She didn't poop for 2 days after which makes me wonder if the roto virus vaccine had anything to do with it? It's the first time she's done that so it caught me off guard.

2 comments: