Friday, June 21, 2013

Hooding Ceremony

Oh my word I'd forgotten how much I love listening to this man sing!!! And what could possibly be sexier than belting worship music in a cap and gown? Not much is what I say! 
On Friday night of grad weekend, Graham participated in the School of Health Science's Masters Hooding Ceremony. It was a short little ceremony put on only for those receiving masters in the field of nursing. Graham volunteered to lead the audience in singing Come Thou Fount and I'm pretty sure he floored both his professors and his classmates who learned for the first time that he is both artsy AND sciencey. Apparently many of them had no clue that he'd been working full time and growing a family through this whole process either, not to mention he is also madly skilled on the keys. (I might just have overheard someone at the reception that followed say - and I quote - "one of the two dudes who graduated can sing and play the piano too!") 
  The hooding ceremony itself was nice and ceremonious. Graham jumped up and got all the graduates to give a standing ovation when one of the professors mentioned that none of the graduates would be here without the support of their friends and family. I might have teared up. Just a little. And then I was close to bursting with pride as that hood was put over his head. This guy is incredible! 
 The graduates were all given a sprig of ivy and an apricot-colored rose (which Graham promptly gifted to me). Both sets of our parents were in attendance at the ceremony which meant a lot.
 Introducing the 2013 nurse practitioner graduates! Graham was the only male with this particular focus-story of his life!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment