Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Isla 57 Months

Oh what to say about Isla girl this month?
I think the biggest news is that WE ARE TRAINING WHEEL FREE!! Again. We had to put them on when her new bike was too big for her and she couldn't reach the ground. Unfortunately having her crutch back helped her "unlearn" balance and so it was a long process of coaching and coaxing to get her riding again. The practice bike rides were neither of our best moments. At all. But finally one day I just took them off and told her she was ready. She was rather resistant and wanted me to hold onto her. After about two seconds she tells me "Ok Mom, you can let go." And off she went.
Isla sang like an angel at her preschool spring concert this month. She's been practicing her songs and does a great job singing her heart out and putting on singing and dancing shows at home. 
As much as Isla seems to enjoy riding her bike once she is going, she is severely anxious about the idea of it and usually tells us that she is going to walk instead. I'm still trying to figure this kid out - she's couldn't be more social and outgoing and yet she has this unique side of intense fear. 
Isla has an incredible memory, which is super helpful when it comes to making sure Daddy doesn't end up lunch-less at work. She loves being in charge, being in control and being right (definitely not my child!) ;) We are also encountering this new thing called sass. I'd like to give a special thanks for preschool for that one. Sigh. The prices you pay for socialization I guess.
She's like a magnet to the lake! I love that the freezing temperatures of the water or the fact that she's fully clothed doesn't stop her. (Yes, I will say with pride this type A mom has come a long way and sometimes knows how to take a chill pill and let her kids live a little).
We got to tour the fire station with Isla's preschool last week. The kids learned to Stop Drop and Roll and, as you can see, the kids perfected it in no time.
I couldn't resist sharing this photo as it just cracks me up. Isla loves playing hide and seek though it isn't her strongest skill just yet. ;) 
Isla cannot wait to live with Grandma and Grandpa Crozier. She's been such a trooper in the whole packing and moving process and will tell you she's pretty excited to have a house with a fenced yard so she can go outside and play. Here's to hoping!

1 comment:

  1. We are dealing with sass too! Sadly, I have no preschool to blame it on. I think it's just a little girl thing.

    ReplyDelete