Friday, January 30, 2015

Jack 15 Months

 
I honestly feel like this house hunt and now remodel has sucked the baby right out of my baby. I mean, look at him! He's such a big Bubba now. His favorite pastimes include rocking in his little rocker, playing the CDs in his big sister's CD player and taking baths. Truth be told, this picture was of his VERY FIRST bubble bath. The poor kid just hasn't lived. 
He's tended to be a pretty chill and laid back boy, for the most part. He has the most adorable triple love pat on the back that he gives when he hugs. 

He pretty much thinks the stroller is oh-so-last-year and would much rather be exploring "free range" style. He's a quick little dude now that he's figured out how to use his two lower extremities in an upright fashion.
With my history of being homeschooled, I have a pretty strong gag reflex when it comes to males and sweat pants. But this kid? I'm a sucker for him in a soft pair of cotton bottoms. Seriously. I would dress him in nothing else if I could.
 
Oh, on a random note, my son is scared of elevators. I know not the origination of this fear but he panics and points for the door and cries whenever we use one. 
He's growing great which is no surprise to anyone who has ever seen his naked belly. He might be growing too well actually. Daddy took him to has last appointment and no one really knows how much he ways but it's somewhere in the ballpark of 25 pounds we thick. We know for a fact his weight has climbed to the 75-90 %ile. Jack, I think 2% milk is in your near future! Also, big news this month: he now sports the badge of honor "youngest baby to ever test positive for strep throat," according to our doctor.
 
Oh, and though I'd prefer NEVER to talk about it again, I think it must be mentioned that this month was the month of the bad haircut. Haircuts plural actually. Let's just say I won't be attempting to cut his hair on my own again AND a lot of spiking gel is in his future. (For the record, it's not my fault he jolts backwards when the scissors come near! And that blond hair is so unforgiving).

 He LOVES bananas, muffins and YOGURT the best and you can't slip anything past him anymore. He knows it when you are eating something that is better than what you offered him.
He has been in that tortuous process of nap downsizing and pretty much exclusively only does one now. But for a while there this meant not napping at all or fighting it until we gave up and loaded into the car to run errands He'd proceed to falling asleep for about 5 minutes and then calling it good for the rest of the day. I would not call this good but no one asked me.
 
You know how us parents will sometimes get the delusional idea that it'd be so nice to snuggle our tired child in bed with us late into the night or in the wee hours of the morning? Yeah, this video basically sums up what ACTUALLY goes down when a sleep-deprived parent attempts such.  
And in case you didn't believe me, my kid is free range now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment