Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Happy Half Emma! (and 42 months)

...And now we have a 3 1/2 year old! She's already asking when she will turn 4 but I digress. The majority of her day was spent with Daddy and her siblings while I was at work (boo!) I am told she chose a bowl of granola over Starbucks for breakfast which just goes to show her sudden undying love for the cereal. Graham took her to the zoo where they got to ride the carousel and eat left over pizza for lunch out of a gift bag. After I arrived home, we buzzed off to a nearby park to open her present and savor the last few glimmers of sunlight.

She is now the proud owner of her very first piggy band which she decorated herself with paint and gobs upon gobs of glitter glue. That evening, in lieu of a celebration at home, she opted to attend an extended family party for many of the members of the Crozier side. We are pretty sure she thought the party was for her and who are we to pop that bubble? The crew humored our crazy celebratory selves and sang Happy Half Birthday to a beaming Emma. :) 
Have I mentioned yet that my second born learned to ride a 2 wheeler at age 3? As if that wasn't awe-inspiring enough, she can now rock that thing for 2+ miles and only stopped because her mama wanted to. I think she would live on these two wheels if I let her! 
We were gifted tickets to Cirque du Soleil and so we got to take the girls over the weekend. As if their expressions don't speak for themselves, they were PUMPED. The invisible lion made Emma a little nervous but she was otherwise enthralled. We amped them up on cotton candy at intermission...
...which worked to fight off sleep until around 10 PM when Emma finally asked if we could go home yet. The exhausted girl laid across our laps and within minutes, she was out.
I think the kids are ganging up on us in pursuit of a canine. Emma is my real dog lover, approaching to pet any dog she sees. We are staving off any real conversations about getting a dog by visiting Spot at Target and also by providing her with balloon "pets" on strings which is practically the same as a real dog. (Am I such a horrible person that I don't want a dog!? I mean, it feels like we have enough going on in our lives right now. Right? RIGHT?!)  
Anyhow, I am MORE than happy to help get the kiddos their dog fix with OTHER people's dogs. Here is Emma with her favorite dog, Hank. Ok he's mine too. If I were to ever decide to get a dog, I would want to clone this adorable sweet little dude. Emma was SO pleased to get to walk him all by herself one sunny day a couple weeks back.
Emma loves to be outside and the rain and muddy state of our backyard doesn't deter her. Her favorite outdoor activity, second to biking and dog walking is definitely bubble blowing.
Emma can write all the letters in her name and is starting to identify other letters and numbers on signs. We were thrilled to find a preschool for Emma to attend next year that she loves. We went for just a visit and within minutes she was asking me when I was going to leave. I think it's safe to say she felt comfortable! She continues to struggle with some stuttering, worse at times, better at others, so we are beginning the process of pursuing speech therapy through the Northshore School District. I am told it is difficult to qualify so we shall see. But contacting the district regarding speech therapy connected us with her future preschool which is run by an awesome teacher who worked with speech therapists for 5 years. We think it's going to be a great fit for Emma! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment