Sunday, May 17, 2015

Emma 44 Months

Oh man, oh man. This sweet girl KILLS me! She's at that super fun phase where you never quite know what is going to come out of her mouth and she usually comes up with the darndest things. Like the other day for instance when she was sitting at the table working on some artwork....she piped up and out of no where said "This is a picture of me when I'm grown up. And in jail." As you can see it came complete with her dressed in stripes and everything. Yes, baby girl. Make your mama's wildest dreams come true.  
She's a character for sure! She wants to wear dresses and tights every day and when all her tights are in the hamper, she'll concede to pants and a shirt but ONLY IF it's a long-sleeved shirt. On warmer days, she still insists on wearing tights with her dresses. She asks for her hair to be done in a "side bun" on most days and wears her shiniest of shoes out in the garden and tries to convince me they are her "work shoes." She's has her own fashion sense for sure! 
She and Jack and developing quite the bond. They love each other so much and make each other giggle constantly. Sometimes I will look back at them in the car and see that they are holding hands and Emma is almost guaranteed to give him bites of her snack. This month I was hit with a sneak peak into the dynamics of our kids' futures: Emma and Jack tag-teaming to make TROUBLE while their order-loving older sister nearly loses her mind trying to keep them in line. Should be fun!

Emma (and Jack) love going to Safeway for their car carts and Emma likes Trader Joes and the produce stand because of their kid-sized shopping carts. She rarely lets me run any errands (or anywhere for that matter) on my own. This kid hears the keys jingle (from bed, I might add) and screams "Mom! Where are you going!!??" None of my kids really experienced much in the way of separation anxiety so I guessing I had it coming to have a child not want me to leave the house without her. Ever. The funny thing is that she's totally fine with me dropping her off at church or in other settings and this only applies to my leaving the house. For now, I'll just try and be grateful for the 4 gajillion hugs she insists on giving me before she even thinks about letting me walk out the door.
Emma can't wait for school in September. In the meantime, she loves doing pages in her preschool workbook and she's learning to write many of the letters in the alphabet. She spends most of her quiet times reading books, playing board games (with herself) or coloring.

She also loves Costco. What kid doesn't? We got to try our one of those huge orange things and she helped me navigate the aisles using her zoo map. I love her!
Emma is loving her ballet class and I think she has a knack for it. She can't wait to start swim lessons in a few weeks too. It's been really fun and good for both of us to enroll her in something that is JUST HERS. She comes alive! 

Any time the sun comes out, you'll be sure to find her in her bathing suit and armed with a hose. We've been spoiled with a lovely spring for sure, but I'm not convinced it's swimsuit weather just yet. We usually get some funny looks from our neighbors.
She is rocking it on her bike! She can do 3 miles on her own, stopping for dandelions along the way of course.
She may be dreaming of going to jail but I personally think she has medicine in her future. She has a unique interest in blood and shots and wounds and doctors. When I let her pick out a non-fiction book of her choice at the library, she skipped right over the ones about monkeys and butterflies and went straight for the one about blood. You go girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment