Thursday, June 5, 2008

Coming home

Today we will be heading back to what I hear has been rainy Seattle. Uggg! I have really been quite spoiled by the sunshine and I'm not looking forward to a non-summer-like Seattle.
Graham and I had a great day day on Tuesday. We started off by going to my favorite breakfast place while I was down here called Breadwinners. They have an awesome outdoor patio that is shaded by tropical plants and trees climbing the walls. Instead of a bread basket, they start you off with a plate full of pieces of their pastries and muffins-yum! After breakfast we drove out to Six Flags and spent the entire day from open to close. The lines were so short and for a lot of rides, we practically were able to just walk on. I decided that I would really enjoy "roller coaster vacations" where we basically travel around to the top roller coasters in the state. My favorite ride at Six Flags over Texas was called The Titan and it was this huge roller coaster with a 24 story freefall. I made Graham keep his hands up (I've learned he is really quite funny with big drops and can scream like a girl). Anyway, the freefall was great but I definitely could have gone for double the height--do they make any like that? I'm going to have to do some research!
That evening, we met up with Sarah and Esther and took them out to Cuban food. One thing I love about Dallas is the food! They really do have EVERYTHING when it comes to cuisine options. Oh and the gas prices are only like $3.80. AND we went grocery shopping with Sarah and she bought everything for the week for only $60--things are cheaper here!

Yesterday we spent the day getting a sun burn (we were successful). We had a lazy day at the pool reading and swimming. Graham and I took Sarah's car in the afternoon to do some house "shopping." The houses here are incredible and you can just drive block after block with your jaw dropped. What I don't understand is why Seattle doesn't model their homes after this architecture! I find all the brick just beautiful and they don't build huge garages out front. Here are some examples of what we saw. Yes, this is really one house and yes there's quite a bit more that couldn't fit into the photo:

Is that the White House?! Oh wait, no, it's just a random home (!!!):

Graham really like the red roof:

They use so much brick down here:

Just another average house:

Aren't those insane?! Photos don't quite do them justice, but it gives you a pretty good idea. Imagine seeing these type of homes block after block! Oh and we found another interesting sight while we were walking:

WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?! We have no idea...Anyway, we've had a great trip and are really thankful for our friends. I will be adding more pictures of the first part of our trip to the previous post and I'm sure there will be more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment