Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Greetings from Cowboy Country!

So far we're having a wonderful time here in Dallas. We took a red eye on Friday night and arrived here at 6 AM Saturday morning. Initially our friends wanted to go straight from the airport to Hurricane Harbor (a Six Flags waterpark), but we were able to convince them to let us take a brief nap first. The water slides were great and it's been 90 degrees + every day so far---ahh, I love Texas!
The first few days we stayed with Heather and her husband John and one of my bridesmaids Amanda and her boyfriend (also a John) drove over from Houston to hang out with us. Heather and Amanda are both dietitians so we spend a lot of time talking nutrition, eating good food and playing games.
Ferocious Hayden:

Amanda and I playing games:The 3 dietitians:Now we're staying with another one of my bridesmaids Sarah. She has to work today but left us her car so we're heading off to....SIX FLAGS! We're planning to spend the rest of our time here sunbathing and talking with friends--it has been SO good to catch up with all the wonderful people that supported me during my year here. That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I hope you have a great rest of your stay in Texas!!! I'm so happy that you guys are there enjoying the sun, while we are literally in 53 degree showers in Seattle. LAME!!!!

    ReplyDelete