Thursday, May 29, 2008

Great....

My brother-in-law sent the following news article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080528/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/mexico_shark_attacks. And now I can't sleep because I'm dreaming of these:

If there is one thing that I am absolutely scared to death of it is sharks! I grew up scared to swim even in fresh water lakes for fear sharks would have migrated from the salt water to live under the dock where I liked to swim. So to connect the dots, the location of these shark attacks is the town that we're going to over Christmas!! I'M SO SCARED! But I did learn that week that donkeys kill more human annually than any other animal (sharks included) and I doubt I'll be coming across any donkeys on the beach. Oh for crying outloud! I can't even look at the picture above without my heart skipping twelve beats!

Tomorrow night we leave to fly to Dallas, TX. As far as I know, there are no sharks there. In fact, there's hardly any water there so I should be fairly safe. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Kelsie...I completely understand your fear - but it will be fine. :) I swam in the Gulf of Mexico a couple of hours ago and didn't come in contact with one single shark. In fact, I haven't even heard of a recent shark attack in the Gulf. Try to put aside that fear and enjoy your amazing vacation! There will be plenty of us who will be wishing we were in your place when the time comes!!

    BTW - I think it is hilarious that you though sharks had migrated to fresh water lakes when you were little. :) I always feared the same thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! ha! that's awesome! you're more likely to get donkey-kicked and bitten by a shark ;)

    ReplyDelete