Monday, May 26, 2008

Green-ISH Thumb


I have been having a lot of random urges lately, my most recent being an excitement about gardening (well, okay, and maybe I've been excited about babies in the future too, but Graham says no). So because we are in a townhome, technically I don't own the dirt in the gardens in my backyard. But I decided that the dirt by itself is ugly and that in order to avoid an ugly yard, I should be able to plant in it. So I have. And if I get in trouble, I will ask for forgiveness for my shameful sin. But I mean, who gets upset when they see flowers?!?

Actually, I planted my garden almost a month ago but I'm pretty sure it drowned. I was checking the dirt for any signs of plants but without much luck (a few things came up but not much). So this weekend I went to Home Depot and bought another round of plants in hopes for better success with take 2. I planted dahlias, green cosmos, echinacea, calla lilies, sunflowers, a clematis plant and many other little flowers that I can't remember the names of. In addition, I have my potted vegetable garden that hopefully will produce zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, lettuce/arugula, garlic, herbs and green beans. Unfortunately, produce is difficult to grow in pots so I may just end up frustrated and have to wait until we have a big yard where I can put in raised beds. I would take pictures of my little plants if I could, but my husband loaned our camera to his brother....so you'll just have to be patient and I'll post pics at a later date!

No comments:

Post a Comment