Monday, May 12, 2008

252 days until....

WE GO TO MEXICO!! AS YOU CAN TELL BY MY CAPITALIZED TEXT, I AM SO EXCITED!!! I have purchased a new swim suit and I'd say I'm pretty much ready to go. Seriously, I have such a bad case of travel bug right now. All that I want to do is go places! Now all that's left to do is patiently wait for 252 days and then I'll be on a plane out of Seattle with my wonderful family. That brings me to my next point---my dad is pretty much amazing! He managed this multi-million dollar project this year at work and did a fabulous job. He was award with a nice plaque to honor him as well as a bonus in the form of a check. Now there are a lot of things I'm sure my dad would have liked to do with that money (like buy more fishing gear or a small little boat) but instead he wanted to take the family to Mexico! Well, he kind of owes us somewhat I guess you could say though. The last time we were scheduled to go on a big trip to Florida (back in my SPU days), he got too excited about a foul ball at my brother's baseball game and tore something in his knee on the day we were supposed to leave! Needless to say, we spent the day in the Everett ER and then did our best to "vacation" in Bellingham for the remainder of the week. Of course we were limited to activities that my dad could participate in on crutches. :o)
Anyway, back to Mexico...we leave the day after Christmas and will be spending New Years on the sandy beach between Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo on the Pacific side (not Baja). Here's a picture of the condo's pool and beach where we'll be staying:
Supposedly this area is much less touristy and has a 9 mile long beach for walking/sunbathing. Graham is thrilled to finally be going someplace sunny (he's never been to Mexico on a vacation before) because all his big family trips have had poor weather. It rained when he went to Hawaii. It rained for all but 2 days on our honeymoon in Fiji. It was only 50ish degrees in Italy in March (with occasional rain)....Pray for sun in December or else I think the poor guy will give up on traveling with me!

1 comment:

  1. It is nice you at the travel bug. At this point in my life I have the 'stay at home' bug! That is too funny about Graham's bad weather.

    ReplyDelete