Saturday, May 3, 2008

Crozier Catering

Tonight I catered a fancy dinner for Graham's aunt's church's pastoral candidate search. Nine of the church members were entertaining a potential candidate from Alabama for the weekend and wanted to serve him a nice catered dinner. Apparently no local catering businesses cater for groups of 20 or less so I was asked to do the job. I was super nervous but it went really well. I wish I would have taken pictures of how we plated the courses--they were fancy and I even garnished them with fresh herbs! The menu included:
Fresh and Sun-Dried Tomato Feta Bruschetta
Apricot Spinach Salad with Walnuts and Feta
Crispy Thyme Salmon with Creamy Risotto and Roasted Tomatoes
Fresh Plum Berry Cobber with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Sparkling Cider, Coffee, Tea, Water
The dog really liked all but 3 of the first bruschetta appetizers that we put out on the table (oops! Thankfully the guests hadn't arrived yet and we had some spares saved back in the kitchen...) The humans really enjoyed the food too. It was overall a success!
Oh and on a PS note, our bathroom is now deemed "un-useable" until further notives (Graham tore it apart today).

1 comment:

  1. Oh my!! That sounds amazing!! Way to go, Kelsie! :)

    ReplyDelete