Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Waiting


So most of you are probably aware that my dear husband applied for a masters degree/family nurse practitioner program early last month at Seattle U. Since early April, we just been waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting to figure out what the next few years of our lives will hold. It isn't at all that Graham dislikes his current nursing job. He's become quite the cancer expert (he's one of the few chemotherapy certified nurse on his floor) and does a really great job of working with patients and families (all the old ladies love him!) But we've been talking a lot about future plans and one of our goals is for me to eventually be able to stay home with a family. In order for us to live on one income in this crazy expensive city, it seems that Graham will need to pursue higher education and now seems like the perfect time to go for it. Yesterday he had his interview with a couple of the faculty at Seattle U. I was super excited to finally hear something from the school and took it as a good sign that they called him in for an interview. He thinks they do that for everyone but hey, regardless, I think that he must have looked good enough on paper not to weed him out of the applicants. Anyway, he talked about his wife a bit during the interview which I was thankful for. I mean, let's be honest: If a well-dressed male nurse came walking into your office, you might, if ever so briefly, wonder if he were straight or not so I'm glad Graham broke the ice and answered the question that no one would ever admit they were thinking. So yeah, in two weeks we should hear back and therefore know which direction our lives are heading. I really can't even imagine what is going to happen in the next two years. I'm really trying very hard to live and enjoy each day and be satisfied and not always look ahead to what's next. I'm am oh so very curious though....
(PS-I tried to post an actual picture of Graham in his scrubs but I don't have any good ones so I was left with this google man..)

2 comments:

  1. I thought maybe you were waiting for this man in scrubs to show up on your doorstep. Two good looking men in scrubs at one house might be a little much.

    I love reading your blog. Thanks for all the updates. I vote that every Sunday you should post a recipe to spread your latest kitchen inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that vote. :) Good one, Danae!

    ReplyDelete