Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas # 1

This past Saturday we celebrated Christmas #1. John & Tash (Graham's brother and wife) are headed to Germany for Christmas with Tash's family which called for an early celebration with the Crozier Clan. Scotty just arrived back from 118 days in South Africa to join the party--it was so great to have him back! Of course he came bearing many African gifts, a couple of which are pictured below. All the boys got these very colorful tops which made for a great photo.

Isn't the picture below just the cutest ornament ever? Apparently it is the favorite and most-prized ornament to all of the boys. Poor Ingy hates it and tries to hide it every year and keep it from getting on the tree but somehow it always ends up front and center. I don't think the boys will ever stop teasing their mother....For instance, it is also tradition for the boys to mess around with the nativity scene. Mary is frequently caught making out with one of the shepherds (I am told that Graham usually pulls this fast one) and so on and so forth.

Anyway, back to Christmas, I got some wooden giraffe salad tongs which I LOVE and 2 fun necklaces, one made out of African seeds which I have been parading around ever since. You can kind of see the seed necklace in this picture:

We had cheese fondue for dinner follow by chocolate fondue after the gifts were opened. Apples to Apples was debuted for the first time in the Crozier family and I must say they are the perfect group for this game--I don't think I ever stopped laughing!

Graham and I ended up getting "snowed in" that night (okay so maybe we really like the Crozier's guest bed and sorta packed extra undies and toiletries in hopes that it would snow and give us an excuse to stay over...) Anyway, it made the drive to church the next morning take 10 minutes rather than 40.

We had a wonderful weekend with family and I'm thankful for all the ways they make me laugh.

1 comment: