Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Half Birthday to Me!

Today we received word that our townhouse was appraised at $25,000 MORE than what we paid for it 2 years ago---HOORAY! In fact, it was appraised at exactly the amount we'd hoped! So, it sounds like we'll be heading in for a meeting shortly to finalize the refinancing process (boy it takes a while....)

In other news, Graham baked for the first time today! The man has never in his life even made cookies but today, he dusted off the mixer and whipped up my favorite "Better Than You-Know-What Cake." I can't wait to try it!

Now I can hear him in the kitchen creating a gourmet specialty for dinner--a recipe we discovered last year--Scallops w/ a Truffle Oil Emulsion served over Pappardelle Pasta. It is absolutely divine! What a good husband I have....

Meanwhile, I am spending the day on the couch YET AGAIN with a completely new cold/virus. After being sick for 2 weeks, I had finally recovered and returned to work only to find out that my respiratory therapist office mate was sick. So thanks to him (I think), I'm sick yet again! Hopefully this doesn't last for 2 weeks again....

1 comment:

  1. Happy half Birthday to you Kelsie! I keep seeing you at Church and mean to officially introduce myself because I often peek at your blog and think you and your husband are so sweet..
    I am also planning to do a detox this year for lent and so of course think about you and how you could probably give me some advice on eating better, the little bit you have shared here on your blog about nutrition is very inspiring:).

    Hope you are feeling better and had a wonderful Valentines Day! Next time I see you I WILL say hello!

    ReplyDelete