Monday, February 2, 2009

A Terrible, Awful Sound


So we're doing it again. We promised ourselves we wouldn't. Yet here we are. That's right, we're tiling another shower! I was a bit traumatized by our last tiling experience (although I really wasn't involved in the physical labor, I certainly had to live in the mess for 2 weeks!) I don't think Graham was too excited about the whole process last time either. But, even though we were extremely pleased with the result in our Master, we decided that maybe it wasn't worth the pain and effort to want to do the guest bath, especially since we rarely use it anyway. Well, apparently enough time passed for us to forget what it was like and we got the crazy idea to tile once again. I must say that even though there have been a couple of hiccups (such as dry rot forcing us to remove the toilet and place it in the guest room and realizing the tile store did not have the tile we wanted AFTER the bathroom was already torn apart etc), it going much better overall this time around. Graham and his dad have been having a great time using a new tile saw (hence the terrible, awful sound) and installing new fixtures. All the tile is in place now and tomorrow they will add the grout. It is really going to look great!

So for all of you potential guests, please come stay with us soon and put the new shower to good use! (And be thankful that we didn't chicken out and leave you forever to shower with the ugly, cheap plastic walls that were there before).

By the way, I don't have pictures yet but I'll be sure to post one when it's done!

1 comment:

  1. 2 weeks?!!? Send them our way! Our bathroom has been torn apart for....let's just say...TOO long - and we're only replacing the floor. Not complaining about my wonderful husband, we've just had way too much going on and the rental/sale house has kept him too busy to focus on this house. :( I want that bathroom done though....it's driving me CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete