Friday, March 27, 2009

Our Anniversary 3/17/09

We began our anniversary celebration in the airport (this seems to be a tradition for us as we spent our 1st anniversary in an airport as well enroute to Italy.....) This time we were flying back from lovely Spokane where we were visiting our good friends Jason and Earecka. After arriving home shortly after lunch, we headed our for a couples massage (Graham's gift to me!) It was Graham's first time ever getting a massage and I think it was much-needed due to all the heavy lifting he does at work turning patients.

After our massage, Graham took me out for my dream dinner: a night at the Barking Frog in Woodinville (on the property of the Willows Lodge). What an AMAZING meal! They are doing this special "Dine Around Seattle" thing right now where you can get a 3 course meal for $30.

Here is what I had:
Yukon Potato Soup w/ Black Truffle Gremolata
American Kobe Shoulder Tender w/ Lobster Ravioli in a Truffled Bearnaise Sauce
Ice Cream Sandwich Sample (Butter Pecan, Strawberry and Chocolate)


Graham picked:
Grand Marnier Prawns w/ Micro Greens and Orange Segments
Smoked and Braised Kurabuta Pork Shank w/ Controne Beans, Braising Greens, Pancetta & Olive Viniagrette
Chocolate Cream w/ Strawberries

Graham of course also ordered the wine pairing which included a different wine for each course. He was being super sweet and was going to skip it for my sake but I could tell he really wanted the wine....I guess I've really gotten the boy into the finer things in life--wine and gourmet food! I of course enjoying SMELLING the wines, but that's as far as I went.

The Yukon Soup was probably the highlight for us although my beef and lobster ravioli and Graham's shrimp were pretty amazing as well. We tried to replicate the Yukon Soup at home this week but it wasn't quite as rich....probably the dietitian in me reducing the amount of cream.
Anyway, all in all, it was a great night!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like it was a great dinner - how do we get in on that $30 meal thing??? :O I think a date night is right around the corner....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH boy, a quick google search and I discovered that the deal ends TODAY. Shucks!

    ReplyDelete