Friday, June 12, 2009

Spontaneous

Graham and I are embarking on a 3 day weekend which we both REALLY need after extremely horrible weeks at work. Our plans have changed 3 times (guess third time's the charm??) but we're hoping this last one will stick. Initially we took vacation time from work so we could go visit our wonderful friends Glendon and Kaytee in Utah. Unfortunately that fell through when schedules didn't coordinate and we couldn't find airfare for less than $300-400 per person. We decided to switch gears and stay in-State and visit our other dear friends in Spokane, the Moodys. But then found out yesterday that they are up to their ears in packing boxes for an upcoming move on Sunday so the timing just wasn't right for a visit.

So, here we are, with time off work and nothing planned (which is actually a bit luxurious if I do say so myself!) Spontaneously, we decided to get on priceline.com and see about booking a 4 star hotel in Vancouver for tonight for cheap--success! The Hyatt Regency Vancouver, here we come! We have been watching (should I really admit this???) the bachelorette this season (okay so it's more me watching and if Graham happens to be in the room, it's pretty hard for him not to see our new big screen tv) and for those of you who don't know, the bachelorette is from Vancouver. We've been seeing lots of footage of the city and it reminded us that we should pay it a visit. As soon as Graham wakes up, we'll pack our bags and head out to do who knows what in the Great White North.

I like to be able to justify most every extravagant thing that I do so I was trying to figure out what holiday or occasion we are celebrating with this trip. There's Father's Day (or Father-to-be day) in a couple weeks and Graham's birthday is next month...neither of those seemed quite right. I finally settled on Flag Day (which is on Sunday) as the reason behind our trip until Graham gently reminded me "Yes dear, it makes perfect sense to celebrate our American flag by taking a trip to CANADA." :o) Nice try I guess....

Anyway, we'll stay for a night in the city and then may be pop down to my parents' place in Bellingham on Saturday to see them and my brothers (if they can get healthy again--they've all been a bit under the weather). What else we'll find to do? Who knows? But I'm hoping a trip ti Ikea is in the near future...

Hooray for flexibility and spontaneity! Here's to a great 3 day weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you get to go to Vancouver! I love that city. But sad you guys aren't here.:o( Glendon and I are going down to this HUGE farmer's market in Salt Lake tomorrow and I know you would just love it. Maybe another time. :o) Have fun in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN!

    Okay, I secretly watch the bachelorette while I'm nursing. Why does she make out with EVERYONE!?!?!? I'm in the middle of an episode as I type this and I just can't get over the fact that she's kissing all of them. Dirty....

    ReplyDelete