Friday, September 2, 2011

Meet Emma Grace

We are now a family of four! Emma Grace Crozier joined our family on August 30th at 2:36 AM. Her entrance into the world was, may I say, fast and furious but more on that whole bit later.
 Our nurse, Alyson, was awesome and so encouraging throughout the process. She kept telling me in the delivery room that Emma was a big baby and I figured she meant 8 pounds big...
The moment of truth: 9 pounds, 8 ounces big! WHAT!? 
Tired but very relieved mommy
Daddy meets his daughter
We had quite a few middle-of-the-night visitors: Grandma (pictured) & Grandpa Wilson
Grandma & Grandpa (pictured) Crozier
Other visitors (not pictured) included Auntie Lani, Uncle Michael and cousin Gideon.
First bath!
Emma has thick, long and dark hair.
Our visitors went home in the wee hours of the morning and then our friends Jeremy, Rachel and Oliver brought Isla to meet her little sister at about 6 1/2 hours of age (9 AM). My parents also stopped by for another visit.
We love, love, love her and are getting to know her better each day. Much more later!

4 comments:

  1. You are SO good. Already a blog post?! You don't miss a bit, there, mamma! :) So, so, so happy for you all and again, she absolutely perfect! It was great to talk to you the other day, but it just makes me want to see you more and be able to hang out with our kiddos. Soon enough...soon enough. Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keslie, I am so happy for you and Graham! I knew you would not need that induction. Alyson is a great nurse, lucky you. Emma looks wonderful! I am sure you are all enjoying her! Congratulations!
    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder you were getting so tired of carrying her around in your belly!! :) She's super cute - I can't wait to meet her!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I thought I had a big baby! Kyle was 9 lbs and it was very difficult to push his shoulders out! I can't imagine what you went through! Isn't it different handling a bigger newborn? She's half way to one year size!! Congratulations! What a lovely crop of dark hair!! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete