Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

 Today my sweet family treated me to a breakfast of my favorite pancakes at Julia's on Capital Hill, followed by a walk at Greenlake, church and then a spring pasta lunch with the extended fam (and multitple generations!) at John & Tash's. We closed out the day with some pool time at home, enjoying the last bits of sunshine. The girls gave me some beautiful flowers for my yard and a new 1/2 barrel to replace the rotting one we got on our wedding day. Isla's been on a purple kick and so 2 of the plants she picked were in varying shared of it. Gifts mean so much more these days when I know SHE chose them for me. She came home from MOPS earlier in the week with some beautiful artwork, complete with her handprints and a quote that read "I'm thankful for mama because...'She lets me help make pancakes' and 'She colors with me.'" Melts my heart. Oh how I adore being mama to these two girls!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment