Thursday, November 8, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Somehow we ended up with a bird theme this year....
 I don't particularly love Halloween as of the country celebrates but I DO love making the day fun by incorporating as much black and orange and humanly possible.
And it's a proven fact that children drink more milk when it is colored orange (just ask Isla).
We had oatmeal with raisins and apricots for breakfast, and an assortment of leftover orange and black foods from a MOPS party I'd thrown the night before for lunch.
 For dinner, I made a butternut squash and mushroom tart that went with our color scheme.
Candles were another exciting part of our meal.
 We attended our church's Harvest Party the Friday before and then laid low on Halloween. I did make the girls at least put on their costumes again for pictures.
Have two cuter birds ever walked this planet? I think not.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment