Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I Love Mondays

On a whim last week, I threw together this Thankfulness Tree which I hope will help to illustrate the idea of Thanksgiving to my girls. The tree has four branches (one for each of us) and each day (when we remember), we name something we are thankful for and write it on a leaf. Isla helps glue them on the proper branches and pretty soon, our tree will be colorful and full.
 
My branch has an odd item: Mondays. You see, I love Mondays. Seriously, who says that!? I certainly never thought it'd be me! But Monday nights have grown to be a precious gift to me over the last 7 weeks since the quarter began. Why? Because Graham gets home in time for dinner!!! It's not like he gets home early. Actually, he always misses dinner prep and the bewitching hour(s). The house guaranteed to be a complete disaster and sometimes everyone is crying by the time we see the whites of his eyes but he's HOME! The girls light up like candles when they hear the front door unlock as often times they only see him once, sometimes twice in a 7-day stretch. And I am a happy wife to have a second pair of hands to put the girls to bed once a week.
 
Life is exhausting - but we are surviving, in case you were wondering (though I did order black dress socks on Amazon because I couldn't find time to do laundry and then last night when I did, I put dish washer detergent in the washing machine!!) I almost told someone the other day "9 months to go!" when I realized Wait a second, we are 1 1/2 months in - that means only 7 1/2 months to go!! The quarter ends in 3 weeks (not that I'm counting) and then we are going to do a whole lot of absolutely nothing!
 
Despite the craziness, we have much to be thankful for, as you can see by our tree that is filling out with leaves. And today, I just love Mondays!

2 comments: