Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Happy Half Birthday Isla

 Happy Half Birthday to my sweet Isla girl who is now officially 3 1/2! (I can finally say that now without getting reprimanded!) I get questioned a lot about this tradition of celebrating half birthdays but yesterday's festivities affirmed in my mind (and I think finally Graham's too!) that this mid-year celebration is an absolute must. It was 100% worth the minimal effort to let this girl know she is extra special.
 Isla woke up and immediately asked if she was 3 1/2 when she was lying in her bed. I think she was trying to identify the exact moment when the aging happened. As per tradition, she got to choose a special breakfast and she selected "flat pancakes" (Swedish pancakes) with fresh blueberries and eggs. She got a real kick out of using the GLASS "You are special today" plate.
 
 
 "Mom, now take a picture of my angry face!"
 Isla was SO excited about her present and asked for it ALL day but we made her wait until after dinner. We ate homemade ravioli with roasted beet filling (pink!), a tomato salad and kale chips. It was yummy and I made sure my family really enjoyed it because I will NOT be making ravioli again anytime soon. Ay caramba! I spent the entire afternoon making those things!!  
 And finally, the moment she'd been waiting for....
 New clothes for her little dolly! Isla was beyond thrilled:
 Probably the best $8 I've ever spent!
"I know this day is about Isla, but I mean, come on! Just look at my hair!" We still don't know where this child came from. Sometimes she's just too much.
After presents came pink cupcakes. We let Emma have half a cupcake and it was literally GONE in 0.87 seconds. Man has she come along since her 1st birthday!
 Meanwhile, Isla leisurely licked her cupcake and savored it for at least 20 minutes....
 Everyone we passed today learned that Isla is now 3 1/2 within seconds. Her excitement is contagious!  

No comments:

Post a Comment