Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Valentines

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Oh my how holidays get better with children! I was supposed to be working today up until yesterday afternoon when Emma awoke from her nap with a fever. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise to get to spend this pink-and-red-heart-chocolate-flowers-mooshy-moosh-love-filled day entirely with my little loves. Isla is old enough now that she "gets" it and so told me "Happy Valentine's Day" and that she loved me probably close to a million times. We set to work early and had a heart-shaped hay day at every meal (not pictured: heart-shaped sandwiches at lunch). Unfortunately the Mr. had an all day/night date with something called school but at least he was at Evergreen for the first half and so left late enough to enjoy coconut pancakes with the rest of us as we opened and read our Valentines. My parents sent personalized picture cards along with stickers for the girls - a real hit! Graham conveniently forgot his lunch but since he was just up the road, was able to pop back home and eat with us once again before taking off the for rest of the day. The girls and I were just returning from a Valentine delivery errand and walked in to find flowers, a card and a latte for me. The girls and I made a date of our afternoon, seed shopping and going on a walk/bike ride along the Sammamish River Trail (I forgot  the camera!) Isla helped make our special dinner calzones and now the kids are in bed and the subject of the last two photos is in progress as I type. My other date should be home any minute to enjoy it with me! Hope your Valentine's Day was as sweet as mine!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Kels. Your girls are gorgeous!! Some of these pictures are absolutely beautiful shots of both of them!! Such a fun holiday with kids, I agree!!

    ReplyDelete