Friday, May 24, 2013

Baby 3 - Halfway there!

I still have days where I pat myself on the back and wonder if I am even showing. Then I have my husband go and do something like take a photo from the side. Ha! Some might call what I'm experiencing DENIAL. :) So yeah, I guess there really is a baby in there! 

We passed the 20 week mark on Tuesday - that means we are halfway there. Say WHAT!? Time sure is flying! We got to take a good peak and our sweet one on Wednesday and all is looking good! We found out we are having............



a BABY!!!!

Sorry, no news for you.

After much discussion, we (I) opted not to find out the gender once again. I know all my friends and family want to murder me but don't knock it until you've tried it! Finding out in the delivery room has to have been the coolest experience and best surprise of my life thus far. When I pulled this card on Graham, he had no argument and so kindly agreed to my wishes. He later confessed that he'd been planning to peak anyway and not tell me so I made him go behind the curtain when the time came in the ultrasound room. I'm telling you, the boy can NOT keep a secret! The dean of the nursing school knew we were pregnant before all of you did if that tells you anything (he told her the day we found out when I was approximately 4 1/2 weeks along!) 

Anyway, so our little peanut is growing right on track and appears healthy. We had both the tech and Dr take a closer look at the baby's nose and lips and palate to do all they could to rule out a cleft given our history with Emma. We know they can't see everything on ultrasound (Emma's a prime example) but from what they can see, all seems to be developing normally. It was so wonderful to see this amazing miracle moving around and sucking his/her fingers in front of us on the screen - praise God! After our little "preview," Graham is convinced we are having another girl and I think there's a chance it might be a wee fellow in there. We'll see.

As for the pregnancy....
-I'm feeling lots of movement now.
-I'm even seeing my belly jump.
-I continue to run ~2.5 - 4.5 miles about 3 times a week.
-Just this week, these runs are getting much harder (my legs never really wake up!)
-I'm having some dizzy spells while sitting and driving (the latter is a bit scary!)
-I must be nesting - I decided this week to MAKE my own diaper bag...
-I'm sleeping mostly on my stomach.
-I can't seem to sleep much past 5:45 or 6 AM.
-Overall I'm feeling mostly good but with an energy level of ~0. Not sure if that's pregnancy vs I'm-three-and-three-quarter-years-into-playing-support-role-for-grad-school-and-about-to-lose-it. Tough call! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment