Sunday, May 5, 2013

Baby Crozier #3!

It's high time I documented some tidbits from this pregnancy lest this little one feel left out! I am almost 18 weeks now, just a day past 16 weeks when this picture was taken. My how time flies when there are two others to chase! 

Our positive pregnancy test came at the tail end of a very stressful couple weeks back in winter quarter when Graham's clinical rotations were falling through. Emotions were running high as it was. I'd taken a pregnancy test a few days earlier but when it came back negative, I more or less moved along. After about 5 days, Graham suggested I retake the test (apparently my emotions were crazier than I realized!!!) so off we went on a family trip to the grocery store to pick one up (among other things). 

When we arrived home, Graham set straight to work, feeding the girls lunch. I, on the other hand, grabbed the test and headed straight upstairs. Two minutes later, I was crying and feeling completely overwhelmed. I came down the stairs, tears streaming down my cheeks, straight into Graham's arms. He had music playing and cheerfully began to try and dance me around the room. I hugged him tightly and sobbed "Things are about to get a lot more complicated!" He, totally oblivious to why I'd run straight upstairs and still thinking about the grad school situation, tried to soothe and comfort me with things like "I know. It's all gonna work out." Meanwhile I bawled "No, things are about to get a LOT more complicated." I think I said it one more time with even greater emphasis on the A LOT part before he finally stopped dancing and got it. "OH!!" he said. "I see" as it hit him. I'm pretty sure then he just started laughing while I finished dehydrating myself via my eyes. 

I look back on all this and smile now. In the moment, the news felt so poorly-timed as we had just learned that Graham's graduation might possibly be postponed but it was too late to reverse the family planning plans that had *cough* already been set in motion so to speak. But now I see that God's timing could not have been better and we are thrilled to be welcoming this little pumpkin sometime around October 8th. We feel so blessed to be growing our family at this season in our life.

(taken at 10 1/2 weeks)

As for the little tidbits....
-nausea hit on Valentine's Day, just over 6 weeks in. Ugg. Not sure if it actually was worse this time around or if it just felt worse because I couldn't lay down whenever I wanted. Tried Sea-bands, Unisom, B12 to try and make it go away with limited success.
-have craved spicy foods, SALT, microwave buttered popcorn, Indonesian Ramen, mac n' chz, lemonade, Fanta, Little Caesar's Pepperoni pizza
-weeks 8-12 (and later): severe daily headaches. Resumed my caffeinated coffee habit which helped some but was forced to take Tylenol multiple times each day.
-continued running throughout (turns out "runners high" is the best anti-emetic I've found yet) though backing off on my distances. I did manage to run 6 miles pushing both girls in the stroller just shy of 11 weeks. Let me be clear: that has only happened ONCE!
-week 14: nausea began to subside!!!!! Energy returns.
week 16: I guess I officially "popped" (though I've been showing and wearing maternity clothes ~10-12 weeks) as I had a male doctor approach me at work and ask if I was having a 3rd baby. Also had my first stranger ask when I was due.
-began feeling movement for the first time!
-week 17: a good week - feeling almost myself accept for the bulge on my front and my winded nature upon climbing stairs

2 comments:

  1. You look fantastic, like, seriously, fantastic! Also, I'm just throwing this into the mix, but I think you should find out the gender this time. :o) I know, I know, my opinion was not asked, but come on, it's fun to know! Throw Graham a bone this time. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with Kaytee. Mix it up and find out this time!! :) SO excited for you, Kelsie!!!

    ReplyDelete