Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Watch Out!

I don't know if I'm nesting or just feeling super antsy for the end of the quarter to be here but I told Graham yesterday to hide his valuables lest they get thrown away! I'm in a mood!! De-cluttering and deep-cleaning is on my long list of to-dos. I have done my very best to keep up around here but it's amazing how much can go undone up when one is the sole caretaker of the home for 10 crazy months (I could argue it's been more like 3 1/2 years or 4 years but Graham at least used to have enough time to help clean the bathrooms prior to 2012...) Anyway, moral of the story is: please don't look in my fridge. Or try to turn on the front porch light. Or ask me how much we are paying for internet or car insurance. Or try to find anything in my pantry. Or open the door to the closet under the stairs. Any of our closets actually. And don't look closely at the paint on the walls. 

I've managed to keep the surface of the place tidy enough but behind the closed doors, it's SCARY! I did manage to call our finance guy the other day to FINALLY open a college savings account for Emma. The secretary answered the phone and enthusiastically congratulated me on the birth of my second. I sheepishly told her she was almost 2 years old but hey! Better late than never!

Here we are, 12 days, one last paper to be formatted, 2 more shifts of clinicals and one final left to go! A cap, hood and gown have been sliding around in the trunk of the car for over a week now. I think this is actually going to happen!! I know my last update wasn't super positive (even Graham questioned whether he was going to graduate after reading it!) but it looks like all the ducks are getting in their rows and my husband is going to be handed his Masters. Hallelujah!!!!

Our conversations are now moving from surviving school to figuring out life AFTER school. We are planning to take things slowly so don't be surprised if you here a lot of "no"s from us. We are going to do some serious thinking and re-prioritizing before we take anything new on. I'm really excited. And scared. Some people have brushed off my nervousness and told me we'll adjust after a couple days together. I wish it were going to be that simple but I know us and I know it will take a lot of discussing and re-discussing and hashing and re-hashing to just figure out how we do life together as a family of four (soon to be five!) We both feel passionate that the next few months are going to be a crucial time for us to be together, prayerfully considering where we spend our time and money. There is much on the horizon - a credentialing exam, job interviews and maybe eventually a move. Stay tuned!! Yippeeee!

1 comment: