Friday, May 23, 2014

We are pending!!

I don't even know where to begin other than to start off by saying I woke this morning knowing it's going to be a waterproof mascara kind of day. Friends, I have something to tell you. It's been a big week. 

WE ACCEPTED AN OFFER ON OUR TOWN HOME!!! 

 Everything sort of happened in fast forward. All I can say is we serve an amazing God who cares for us deeply, for the big and small things. I get goosebumps even typing this because it is so evident that God has been in this process. 
 We packed our first box the evening of May 2nd and then spent 2 1/2 weeks deep cleaning and emptying the place of all but the essentials.
 We put it on the market at 4:30 PM on Tuesday, May 21st, had someone coming to see it within 15 minutes, received an offer by 9 PM and then 2 more in the next 24 hours. 
 A bidding war commenced which ultimately ended with us accepting an offer for $11,000 OVER asking price, the very amount we purchased it for 7 1/2 years ago. Did anyone else just get chills? And all this after bumping up our list price by 25K (yes, $25,000) as a long shot at literally the last second before "going live." 
 And we'd gone into this expecting to have to do a short sale. I can't even tell you how dumbfounded we are right now. God's timing is incredible. And perfect. 
I thought Tuesday late afternoon seemed like an odd time to list but the photographer had just finished editing the photos and our place was still clean so why not? (The credit for these photos posted here go to the Keller Williams listing, by the way). The timing of our listing was spontaneous and totally random from our perspective. We didn't even know when we woke up that morning that we'd put it for sale later on in the day. 
But it just so happened that an agent was 10 minutes away when the post went live and she wanted to preview it for her client. After walking through, she knew it was just the thing and returned with her client immediately. 
 And as for the final offer price - UNBELIEVABLE! The townhouse market is literally recovering this very week. Who knew that by listing on Tuesday afternoon, we'd get to be a part of bringing it back? With a bang, I might add.
 Funny aside: we are told our buyer is an interior designer at an upscale firm here on the east side. The offer letter said she loved our style and the color choices in our place (!!!) Though Graham gets most of the credit for the look of our home, I'm giving myself a few pats on the back that I've managed to obtain some sort of a "style" over the years. 
 Anyway, our buyer is closing on the sale of her current house next week so we looked it up just for fun. You'll never guess the color of her living room accent wall: NAIL POLISH RED, the exact color we covered up last month!!! We laughed out loud. Sort of.
 I've gotta say, our place cleans up nicely though I am absolutely, 100% thankful it does NOT need to remain this clean for that much longer. Keeping every faucet polished, drawer closed, tong out of the curtain string (yes really), light on, shade drawn, chair straight, dirty diaper scent camouflaged, toys put away, shampoo bottle stowed, towel folded, carpet fuzz tossed nearly killed me for 48 hours straight (we had about 10 groups come through in 2 days) but I don't think you would have known we had kids were it not for the 2 cribs upstairs!
 As for our next steps, we plan to move in temporarily with Graham's parents while we wait for the money of our sale to come through. Then we will begin the process of searching for our new home! Though the events of the past 48 hours have at moments left me wondering if we'll have have a hard time getting anything in this crazy fast market, they have also left me that much more confident that God is in control and He has something amazing planned for us.
On Tuesday morning before we listed, I was reading Psalm 68 for my Bible study. Verse 9 really stuck out to me and it reads "You gave abundant showers, O God; you refreshed your weary inheritance." I loved the picture of God showering us abundantly, beyond all that we could ever ask or imagine, refreshing us when things seem hopeless. But I found myself stuck on the fact that earlier in the chapter, He had been addressing widows and orphans and the underprivileged and so I wrote off the verse as I am neither a widow, orphan or underprivileged. Certainly this abundance He referred to could not also be directed toward me? But then the happenings of the last couple days have caused me to take pause as I've felt, in a rare and very tangible way, God grabbing me by the cheeks, looking me in the eye and saying Kelsie, these words here are for you too. I care for you more deeply than you will ever be able to understand. Quit doubting and trust in me. I am so grateful for His love and provision! It truly goes "beyond what I could ever ask or even imagine." He is so good! Now prayers for a good appraisal, a clear inspection and that all the papers would go through!

No comments:

Post a Comment