Sunday, July 6, 2014

California Dreaming - Manhattan Beach

 You know that moment when you're taking pictures in the bright sunlight and the glare is so great that you can't tell that your pictures are all over exposed and whited out until you leave the friends you haven't seen in a year and fly home? Yeah, I hate that. Only a couple of my shots are remotely post-able but I'll do it anyway. On a final day in California, we were able to meet up with our friends the Himes at Manhattan Beach who were fresh home from the Netherlands. It was so lovely to see them again. I just wish we could have had more time! 
 Isla and Maddie played together like they've been friends all along and Maddie and Geoffrey taught our girls how California kids do waves.
 Emma was absolutely petrified at first (I think the scar of Disneyland is going to take a while to erase...) but eventually, after holding her until my arms were about to fall off, she was getting her toes wet like the rest of 'em.
 Jack made his appearance and then proceeded to take a 2 1/2 hour nap in the shade of the stroller. I love my third child! My girls were never portable nappers.
 Of course I have no pictures of us adults but we had a lovely day and hope we find ourselves in close proximity to the Himes family again soon so we can spend more time together.
After covering our bodies and filling our ears with the perfect combination of sweat, sand and sunscreen, we bid our rental mini van adieu and boarded our plane home. Twas a full and fun trip!

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment