Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Emma 34 Months

-has the tenderest of hearts! 
-growing to be quite the hugger, particularly with children younger than her
-asks "You OK mommy?" any time she hears be grunt or cry out and comes to give me a hug
-overflowing with compliments
-particularly when in reference to my earrings or outfits
-"I like your earrings Mommy" or "I like your dress Mommy"
-sometimes she'll begin "I like your ear..." and then cut off when she realizes I don't have any on :)
-has crazy hair and she knows it
-can successfully point out and identify a Jeep, every time 
-quite the dancer (and hallelujah, I think she's got rhythm!)
-loves Craisins
-and pasta, which she wants for breakfast, every day
-timid at first but gains confidence when given time to acclimate
-mostly dresses herself, sometimes in her own clothes, sometimes not
-entered that darn awful 3-year-old-I-have-a-really-strong-will-and-I'm-not-afraid-to-use-it phase
-"potty training" (if you call peeing in your undies every time potty training)
-skips naps 2-3 days a week
-but naps HARD when she does, like 3 hours hard 
-engaging in all sorts of bedtime antics now that she's sharing a room with big sis "I have to go potty too" or "I need a drink too" etc etc and on and on. And on. 
-still is our goofiest ball
-attempting to grasp the concept of time:
Me: "When can Isla use it?"
Emma: "Maybe in 3 years."
-wants to "do it myself!"
-and she does
-has been on 3 hikes and walked by herself the ENTIRE way
-also made herself the quiet police for the rest of the hike after Grandpa Wilson said we needed to be quiet to see the owls...

No comments:

Post a Comment