Sunday, February 8, 2015

Emma 41 Months

Oh my word - is that not just the best picture of our little Emma navigating the zoo?!? *I melt*
She is definitely in her happy place when amongst the animals. 97% of the time she'll answer "go to the zoo!" when asked what she wants to do each day.
Before I gush any further about this lovely lady, allow me to share with you that my THREE YEAR OLD can officially ride her bike. With pedals. Sans training wheels. I am so proud!!! And so is she. We were aren't at the zoo, she's begging to go out riding. LOOK AT HER!!!
The process helped me put my finger on something that I'd never recognized about her before: she is fiercely determined. I love this, maybe because I can relate. She was bound and determined to ride and after minimal assistance, she was off. Watch out world, this girl is going to go places.
It was pointed out to me that she also has a mind for puzzles. She has this unique ability to grab any old piece, be it edge or not (usually not) and slap it right into place in 3 seconds flat.
She is learning through osmosis (because I certainly haven't been teaching her!) how to write a number of letters and knows how to spell her name. Though her vocabulary has expanded ten-fold, she continues to stutter, sometimes more significantly than others and so we are in the process of seeking out some speech therapy to help her with that.
She continues to be my kitchen helper and I love her company. Her specialties include cutting and whisking and egg-cracking. And tasting. 
She and her sister have taken to fighting over who gets to sit next to me at mealtimes which is quite fun (insert heavy sarcasm here). But then when it comes time to pray, she is sure to tag on her own little addition: "and thank you for Christmas!" It makes me smile every time. She's something else, that's for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment