Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Isla 70 Months

-I'll start off by saying WE HAVE SURVIVED NEARLY A MONTH OF SUMMER!!!!
-this one is busy and wants constant play dates (better if they are consecutive in the same day), constant interaction and sometimes I feel like her round-the-clock activity coordinator 
-her new thing is to ask me at about 4:30 or 5 PM every day if we can do a sewing project
-this only after I have said no to having another friend after
-sooooooo, I introduced her to this thing called Pinterest
-she filled up an entire board with "pins" of various sewing projects she wants to complete
-and I enjoyed nearly 15 minutes of "free" time
-even though keeping her entertained is so totally exhausting, I am cherishing these days together before she starts full day school
-this week we started one of said sewing projects and are attempting to make a sock bunny
-of course this involved first going to multiple places to try and find the right socks because we didn't have any thick ones with cool designs
-she didn't mind because she's super into me buying her things
-I don't know where the ideas come from but, for example, suddenly she will absolutely die without a jump rope and spends days begging and asking for me to take her to get one or "just buy one online"
-my anti-consumeristic bones protest with everything that is in them
-and so we are trying to turn this around into a lesson on working hard, earning money, and saving up for these things that we want
-then she went and tugged at my heartstrings, opting to earn money for sick girls at Children's Hospital
-she'd prefer if these girls also happened to be princesses but regular girls will have to do ;)
-we averaged about one lemonade stand every 5 days or so for a few weeks to "earn" money
-I'm pretty sure she's going to be my entrepreneur
-and I love that she has a heart for others
-she is absolutely ROCKING swimming lesson and I feel like I can finally say she is swimming!
-she got a bigger bike too that is easier to ride and she is starting to increase her distances
-we are so proud of her

No comments:

Post a Comment