Thursday, August 20, 2015

Jack 22 Months

Seriously! I die looking at him.

If we have a fourth child, I am sooooo blaming Jack! Or maybe the age of 22 months. I forget how totally adorable they are when they are learning to talk. How they light up every time they see you. And how they haven't totally figured out how to disobey you yet. Yeah, he may be pacifying himself on an ink pen but STILL!

He is totally a mama's boy again. He walks over to me, reaches an arm up and says "hand" and off we go, wherever his heart desires. I am putty in his little hand when he does that to me. Now he's starting to reach over and ask for Emma's hand when we're driving too and I can hardly stand it!

I say he's a mama's boy but I should clarify that that is only the case when there isn't a grandpa in the room. Either of his grandpas trump me hands down!

I forget what age it is that kids typically start to learn to sing. Jack's been humming for quite some time now ON KEY. I dismissed it for awhile, thinking it was simply a fluke but the kid is actually starting to sing and learn some tunes. Sometimes he'll sit down to the piano and even plunk out something musical. We had company recently and I heard the piano going in the other room and assumed it was one of the adults because it sounded remarkably song-like. Turns out, it was Jack Attack. Who knew?

Speaking of music, I captured this video of him the other day and I've watched it like 20 times already. I feel like it encapsulates his little personality so well - a mixture of adorable, fun and spunky with a little bit of musicality thrown in there too.
I am excited to report that my kid who used to avoid all things green (even green grapes!) is expanding his repertoire. He know will munch on cucumbers, carrots, kale chips and the occasional tomato or bell pepper. His favorite foods are definitely granola, apples, pasta and red grapes (which he calls "bapes"). He wants to be a big boy at meals and is sitting in his own seat now on most days. He drinks from an open cup whenever he can and eats dessert WHENEVER it is served. These third borns...man! They don't miss a beat!

Jack adores dogs, his binky, playing with his sisters, riding the tricycle in the garage, opening and closing and starting the microwave, pushing chairs all over the house to reach sinks, light switches and counters, eating cookies, opening and the freezer and handing me things, and seeing me when he first wakes in the morning.
If you could all have yourself a Jack, I would highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment