Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Birthdaying in Cannon Beach

Isla got to ring in her 6th year during our trip to Cannon Beach. I fretted that this would be somewhat of a let down for her but that was definitely NOT the case. She was thrilled to be both the center of attention and the recipient of all the "extras" that already come with vacations. 
She opted to eat out for breakfast (I've trained her well!) and the staff at Pig N' Pancake treated her well with a balloon and a candle in her crepe. For the rest of the trip, Emma identified this restaurant as the If You Give a Pig a Pancake place which was rather endearing. 
Isla was boss all day and got to choose the order of events so we hit up the beach next. 
 We were treated to gorgeous weather during our time there and lazied away the hours digging and building and kite flying and untangling very knotted kite strings. 
 I just discovered this next picture, captured unbeknownst to me by the hubs. I think just nabbed the title of My New Favorite Picture because it is oh such a very accurate representation of my life: wrestling to contain a very active and opinionated toddler while Emma marches around with a bucket on her head. Not pictured is Isla who would probably be sitting in the sand with a clip board writing letters and asking me how to spell things or begging for a playdate or making beaded necklaces. And then there is Graham who is taking pictures of it all. :) I sort of love it though.
Isla got to open one gift upon returning to our cottage and was so pleased by her new clay charm making activity book that it came with us on our girls trip to town to explore while Jack was napping. Of course we had to get a picture with this iconic whale from my childhood. Emma was quick to inform me that it was NOT a whale but rather and fin-less dolphin. She was insistent that daddy said so. Upon further research it was determined he did nothing of the sort....whatever floats your boat, kiddo.
 Our girl time consisted of park time, window shopping at the kite shop and then of course a trip to the candy shop where I spend SEVEN DOLLARS AND FIFTY CENTS to solidify myself as the Best Mom Ever for purchasing the face-sized lollipops in the picture that opened this post. 
Isla couldn't wait a second longer to open the rest of her gifts and successfully coaxed me to break my own self-inflicted rule of waiting until after dinner.
 She got the haul this year: a spool of elastic string for her jewelry-making, a hairdresser shop set of Legos, a new dress, a pencil sharpener and Bubble Tape.
 Oh and of course the clay charm making set that already joined us on the Tour de Cannon Beach.
 Isla requested pasta for dinner (no surprise there!) and we found a pizza place that also served pasta to appease her. After dinner, we came back for vanilla cupcakes with pink frosting and strawberry ice cream.
 I think the birthday girl had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment