Friday, September 11, 2015

More Cannon Beach

 I don't have a lot more to say about our trip but I do have a LOT of pictures which I will dump on you in the next couple posts before I wrap up and return to reality. Unfortunately it wasn't until our second to last day that we made it to the amazing Sleepy Monk Coffee Roasters. Well. We tried to go midway through our stay but they were closed. It was in easy walking distance from our cottage and we ALL thought it was delicious. So much so that we went for both of our remaining mornings in Cannon Beach.
 The kids liked it because they sold doughnuts. Duh! 
 We anticipated a cool morning walk on the beach with coffees in hand but were pleasantly surprised by sunshine and warmth that led us to leaving piles of clothing as we stripped off layers, marking our way along the beach (you think I'm kidding...)
 It was at this point that I handed the camera over to Graham and told him I wanted to be in some pictures. So that our kids would know that I was there at the beach with them too. I read something once about moms who shy away from the camera or who are always the one behind the lens. And how their kids miss seeing an important piece of their childhood when mom is never in the photos. It's stuck with me and made me more intentional about getting in there with them.
 Jack learned a new word while on our trip: "back." And he hitched many-a-rides for the remainder of the trip.
 As did his older siblings....
 
 Then commenced our comic attempts at jumping photos.
Nailed it.
 Even though we failed to perfect our jumps, I love the joy that was captured here.

No comments:

Post a Comment