Thursday, September 17, 2015

 Halfway through our trip, we stumbled upon a total gem of a beach called Indian Beach. I make it sound like it's this hidden, secret place but really it is a beach within Ecola State Park which is advertised with good signage throughout the town of Cannon Beach. With the iconic Haystack Rock, I guess I've never felt the need to venture very far from Cannon Beach itself. I guess we have our kids to thank for this discovery. We were a few days into the trip and I hit a wall and desperately needed some space. Graham graciously loaded up the kiddos and I strapped on my running shoes. We didn't really make exact plans but while I was out running, he sent me a text saying they were in the state park. I happened to be near the entrance so told him I would run in and meet him there. The tsunami evacuation route signs probably should have clued me in to the fact that this would not be a leisurely jog but in the end, it was awesome! Climbing hills = great views. And then great beaches too as we wound our way down to Indian Beach. Apparently it's a go-to spot for Oregon surfers but for us it provided a wonderfully calm and wind-free spot for two days of beach play.
The beach itself was beautiful and there was an awesome little shallow creek that provided a great spot for the kids (and Graham!) to have all sorts of fun. They worked really hard to build a dam on both days as we were surprised to find the dam they'd nearly finished on day one totally taken apart when we returned the following afternoon. (Oops. We probably messed with some more ecologically- focused types).
We ate in on the last night of our trip, making good use of the outdoor areas of our cottage. These next couple shots turned out a little blurry but I still just love them for the sibling love and joy they capture.
These two in particular are incredibly bonded.
One last family shot of all my favs - the kids ask regularly when we can go back. I just tell them to go ask their dad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment