Thursday, August 14, 2008

A trip to St. Joe's

So I promised in my last post to speak of our trip to Bellingham this past weekend. Well, we actually weren't supposed to go all the way to Bellingham. The plan was for us to leave our hotel on Saturday morning and head up to go camping at Baker Lake. On Friday night, I got a call from my brother saying that my dad was in the hospital and that we wouldn't be camping. Well, some of you may recall that this is not the first time that my dad has ruined a vacation by taking a trip to the hospital. The last time this happened was the day we were supposed to leave for Disneyworld.... Anyway, poor Dad felt really badly to do this to us again but of course we all agreed that "camping" out at the hospital was of greater importance. They never really figured out what was wrong with him---they thought for a while there that he had pancreatitis and then decided it was probably some bad GI bug. We had lots of fun in the hospital, joking with the nurses, making up "special needs" for my dad and writing them on his room's whiteboard, blowing up the latex gloves etc. I think we might have caused my dad more stress and embarrassment than cheer but I think deep down he must have appreciated our antics.
The kids visiting the sickie:
My brother Josh
My bro-in-law

No comments:

Post a Comment