Friday, August 29, 2008

Blue and Red

This is going to be a shocker.....YES I am indeed blogging about politics!! NEVER did I think this day would come as I've always been the one to politely excuse myself from the table when the conversation turned political. Somehow though, this coming election has captured more of my attention than any other. Maybe it's because Graham and I seem to be on pretty opposite sides of the spectrum politically (surprise, surprise) so there has been quite a lot of debating going on in our household. I have never been to understand the "agreeing to disagree" statement. How is that even humanly possible!? I definitely don't deal well with disagreement and haven't yet discovered how to find a healthy balance. In my ideal world, I would convince Graham with my strong arguments and sway him into agreement with me--yeah right!

We listened to NPR last night (yes friends, probably the first time I actually paid attention while we were listening) and a bunch of "undecided voters" called in to share there opinions/which way they were leaning as far as candidates go. I learned a lot and I think it is really healthy for me to be considering both positions openly (which I think I actually may be starting to do!) So I am still not quite sure which candidate will be receiving my vote, but I am 87% sure Graham and I will be placing votes for different people--weird! Notice how I'm being completely vague and not mentioning parties or names? :o) So McCain named a female as his running mate today--that was a strategic move if you ask me! We'll see how this pans out.....

No comments:

Post a Comment