Saturday, August 2, 2008

Kangaroos

I'm not sure what it is right now but I am really wanting change in my life! I have had a very challenging week at work which has made me love my job at some moments and desire to leave it at others. I have had some wonderful interactions with families that have been extremely rewarding and I feel that I have slowly been able to develop relationships with them and earn their trust. Somehow I feel drained though. Lots of heavy isssues going on.
On a lighter note, a nurse was telling me a hilarious story this morning that had me laughing all day. So parents in the NICU get to do this thing called "kangaroo care" with premie babies where the baby lies naked (with just a diaper) on his/her mommy or daddy's bare chest (this is supposed to be good for bonding for both baby and parents). Anyway, so this nurse (who is probably in her 50s was telling me that yesterday one of her baby's daddy wanted to do some kangaroo care. Now this dad is quite young, very fit and also just happens to be a firefighter. So the nurse has her back to the dad and is working on something. She turns around to face him just as he is peeling his shirt up over his head and exposing his toned chest. This poor nurse said that she almost fell over, lost her train of thought and was trying really hard to focus and be professional. Needless to say, she seemed quite pleased to be taking care of the same baby again today! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment